Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Here is a progress photo of my Frost Flowers and Leaves shawl. I am half way through chart 2 for the 4th time. It doesn't look like much now, but just you wait. Posted by Picasa

Here is a close up view of the Mystery shawl clue 1 and 2 together. Posted by Picasa

Monday, February 27, 2006

Here is a front/side view of me wearing the shrug. It was very comfortable and easy to wear. Posted by Picasa

Here is my shrug from the back. Posted by Picasa

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Here is the first clue of mystery shawl 3. It is a sqaure shawl and I am using fingering weight yarn dyed with lime green kool aid. Size 5mm neeldes. Posted by Picasa

Here is a photo of my shrug blocking. This is the shrug from the book "A Gathering of Lace". It is fingering weight yarn in Cherry Tomato. The finished size is 36 inches by 68 inches. After it is done blocking I will sew the cuffs together. Posted by Picasa

Here is a close up of the shrug I made for the knitting Olympics. You can't see the details very well but it sure is pretty. Posted by Picasa

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Having fun wiht kimono shawl. Posted by Picasa

Having fun trying differnet ways of wearing the kimono shawl Posted by Picasa

Here is the Kimono shawl blocking. It is 25 inches wide and 6 and 1/2 feet long. I really need blocking wires. The edges did straighten out when I took the pins out. Posted by Picasa

Front view of the Faroese flower shawl. Could use a bit more coverage in the front. Posted by Picasa

Me wearing the Faroese Flower shawl. Posted by Picasa

Here is a close up photo of my Kimono shawl (from Folk Shawls). It is knit on 3.25mm needles and Zepher yarn. Posted by Picasa

Here is the dress I sewed for my husband's party at work. I wore it with a white shawl. Posted by Picasa

Monday, February 06, 2006

Faroese Flower shawl blocking. Made using knitpicks dye your own yarn. I dyed it using kool aid, didn't like the results os overdyed it with more kool aid. Pattern is by Lucy Neatby.  Posted by Picasa

Here is a close up of the center part of the Faroese Flower shawl by Lucy Neatby. Posted by Picasa

Friday, February 03, 2006

Faroese Flower Shawl

I just finished the Faroese Flower Shawl by Lucy Neatby. I used Knit picks dye your own fingering weight yarn and dyed it with koolaid.
this was my first faroese shawl and it was a fun knit. As suspected it is a bit too small for me. The back panel needs to be wider and I need a bit more coverage in the front. It is still to be blocked so maybe that will help some. It just might be a Christmas gift for next year. I will post photos as soon as I can get hold of my daughters camera.