Here is the Spanish christening shawl from the book "Folk Shawls". I dyed the yarn myself. It is dye your own from Knitpicks.
In this photo it looks like there are dark spots but there are not.
Here is a close up of the corner. I hope the puckering goes away with blocking.
Here is a close up of the pattern. It was an easy knit.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Here is my first finished project from the book Victorian Lace today. It is the Spider's-web shawl. I used kidsilk haze and increased the repeats till I ran out of yarn. I did the 1/2 hexagon version. I love the shape of it.
I added beads to the bottom of it because it was so light. I thought they would help keep the bottom down.I have not yet blocked it so it is going to be large.
Here is a close up of the pattern. You can see the transition from one pattern to another.Now onto my next project.
Here is a sweater I made for my Dear husband. It is a pattern from Cabin fever. I used Peruvian wool from Elann.com and Country mohair from Fleece artist. Wow! These are all companies in CANADA. I love being patriotic. It has not been blocked yet, as you can tell from the photos. It was a fun easy knit.