Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Knitting update

Well, I am trying to join the Fluffy knitting web ring so I had better get my blog updated.
Usually I just post finished objects but I will start keeping my progress as well.
This last week I have been working on the Kimono Shawl from Folk Shawls. It is about 4 feet long and I am getting tired of it. So...I picked up my Faroese Flower shawl from Lucy Neatby and am zooming along on that. (on row 107). I fear it is going to be too small for my fluffy frame but I don't know how to upsize it.
The Kimono shawl is done on size 3.25mm needles with Zepher yarn. I adjusted the pattern by doubling the width. With the smaller yarn I am hoping it will be wide enough. I estimate a width of 30 inches.
Also, I am slowly working on the Frost Flowers and Leaves Shawl from "A Gathering of Lace". It is a complicated pattern that needs concentration so I only get 1 or 2 rows done at a time.
In other news , my daughter is still waiting to hear from the surgeon for her ACL reconstruction on her knee.
Happy knitting..................Colette in MB

No comments: