1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefer the natural fibres like wool, silk, cotton, alpaca. I only knit with acrylic if I am making something for someone and they insist on it being acrylic.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
In? How about "on" as in on the floor in a pile? I would love to have something to put my needles in.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about 3 years now and consider myself to be intermediate to advanced, but not professional. I still struggle with perfection but knittnig is a great cure.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lilac and then roses.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love chocolate and baking but not candy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin, yet. I do a lot of crafts but my favorites are knitting, crochet, and cross stitch.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I prefer Christian worship music and yes my computer can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colour is red but I like all colours. I prefer bright colours and seem to be into greens/blues combined. I love knitting with verigated wools.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have 4 children: 15 yrs, 13 yrs, almost 8 yrs (all girls) and a 5 yr old boy.
I have one husband. (all I can handle). I have 1 indoor cat (Purl) and one outdoor dog (Baby).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, and don't forget shawls. I love shawls.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything knit. I have been knitting a lot of shawls but am now expanding into socks and sweaters and purses, etc.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A sweater for me, a pair of socks for my 13 yr old, and a couple of shawls
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular needles or double pointed. My favorite are Aero but I also have a Denise set which I like but need more longer cables.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No. I use a lamp shade for a swift and my hands for a winder.
17. How did you learn to knit?
I first learned when I was a child (my mother taught me) but gave it up in favor of crochet. A couple of years ago a friend of mine was into knitting and opened a yarn store. That did me in. I have been knitting ever since.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Only a few months old.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Summer holidays. I love the beach and camping.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn and patterns? Cats.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I do not have any subscriptions. I would love to get me hands on "Big Girl Knits".
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes, anything I don't know how to do now. I like trying new things all the time.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I knit socks. I prefer toe up socks done on Double pointed needles.
I wear a ladies size 10 shoe and have a wide foot.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
My birthday is March 29 and my anniversary is Sept 1.