Thursday, June 15, 2006

Pinwheel sweater contest.

Lets have some fun. Here is the situation: I want to make the Pinwheel Sweater from elann.com for myself. I am on a yarn diet. I have 3-4 balls of each colour shown in the photo below. I want to use "some" of the colours that I have. I am able to suppliment some other colours from ellan.com. What colours should I use? Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. I know that all the colours do not go together but I want to use up some leftovers. When I decide what colours to go with, the person who "helped" me choose those colours will get a prize.
What is the prize? I'm not sure yet, but it will probably be a ball of yarn.
Also, please let me know where you heard about this contest.
The contest wil lbe open until June 23 (the start date for the KAL).
Thanks and have fun.

Colette

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would go for 3 and 4 in the upper row, and 6 in lower row. If yet another color is "wanted", then I would go for number 3 in lower row too!:-)

craftycrafter said...

I would do the dark blue and teal in the top row (both at the right) as well as the cream in the top row (first) with the rose (third from left on the bottom). Another color I would add would be black, in thin stripes between the colors.

Julie said...

Hmm -- I was going to say the 3 on the right side of the top row-- but it looks like the pattern uses 7 colors. Maybe add the navy, then cream,brown & rose? Or does that make me colorblind? I saw your contest post on EZasPI.

Deb said...

I was reading the ample knitters list and came across your note. So Here is what I think-If you use the three pink/purples (#2,3,4 across the top row) and the teal and the navy (the last two on the right of the top row) you would have something where the colours had equal value-no one colour would stand out (and you don't want one to stand out) I would start with #4, then #3, then #2, then the teal and finally the navy. Use the first 3 colours in the icord trim. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I think the top row, minus the one on the far left, and the light blue. In a pinch, you could add the deeper blue and the pink from the bottom row...asuming my monitor is showing the color values somewhere near true. Not knowing the size of the balls, or the requirements, I don't quite know how much of this you will use. I could make a case for some other combos, but this is what jumped out at me.
Mindy