Sunday, June 04, 2006

Amaziing Lace Challenge # 1

Meet the team.

The team consists of me (the knitter), the needles (Denise interchangable needles), the pattern (Garden Path shawl from ellan.com), and the yarn (Peece Fleece).
We are all equal members in this team and we are only as strongest as our weakest link (hopefully that will not be a join in the needles).
We started our relationship, as many start these days, on the internet.
I met Denise needles less than a year ago and we just fell in love. I love that she is so versitile and handy will all size projects. She is an integral part of this amazing team.
I have been an avid fan of elann.com since I started knitting 3 years ago. Elann.com graciously introduced myself and "The Pattern". We met only recently and after perusing the details decided we could make this work. The pattern is also easily adaptable, which is important in this type of lace.
The next piece of the team is some fingering weight wool from Peace fleece in a lovely heather grey/green colour. My only concern with the yarn is that she might not be able to go the distance, but with the adaptability of the pattern and myself, we will work this out as needed.
And last, but not least, is myself. I have been knitting for about 3 years and knitting lace for the same time. Nobody told me I had to start with scarves, progress to socks, sweaters, and then lace. I just jumped right in with my first lace pattern (Tripple Mohair shawl from fiddlesticks). I have been knitting up a storm ever since and consider myself an intermediate knitter.
We are the team to beat! Despite a last minute entry, we will be the forerunners in this "Amazing Lace".
Looking forward to meeting other teams along the way.
God bless you all,

Colette

No comments: